Wednesday, May 26, 2010

UV filter

Just got 3 brand new Marumi UV filters from Citiwide, tested the filter with diff things and it turns out to be not that bad. In fact, it is is way way better than the previous fake Hoya filter that I've got from ebay, seller's name Roxsen. Yea, do beware of him, selling super fake filters. He was selling non coated fake filters as Hoya multi-coated filter.

I've emailed the Hoya and they said they've stop manufacturing HMC Hoya filter like 3 years ago..... Hmmmm.... it sounds funny right? stop manufactured years ago but there is still hell lots of HMC Hoya filter in the market, and I'm pretty sure 80% of them are fakes.. so beware when you are buying Hoya's filter.

So, taking the experienced that I've earned, I've decided to stick with a less famous brand which turns out to be Marumi and here it is, performing well yet satisfying. At least it isnt fake,





The packing of the UV filter


The filter
marumi





Btw, from my buying experience, Citiwide, http://citiwide-online.com/au/ turns out to be quite a reliable seller and their price is seriously cheap





0 comments: